Social and economic situation of the Municipal Formation
The Tbilisskaya district is located in the central part of the Krasnodar region and shares its borders with the Vyselki and Tikhoretsk districts in the north, the Kavkazskiy and Gulkevichi districts in the east, the Kurganinsk district in the west and the Ust-Labinsk district in the south. The district administrative center is a Cossack village of Tbilisskaya, which is located 105 km from the city of Krasnodar.
The district comprises 41 residential communities, formed in 8 rural settlements: Tbilisskoye, Maryinskoye, Novovladimirovskoye, Lovlinskoye, Peschanoye, Alekseye-Tenginskoye, Vannovskoye, Geymanovskoye, where more than 48 thousand people reside.
The area of the district is 900 square kilometers that is 1% of the total area of the Krasnodar region.
The district is located on the highways linking the center of the region with its eastern and south-eastern districts. A highway Temryuk – Krasnodar – Kropotkin passes through its territory with access to the federal highway No. 29 "Kavkaz" (Moscow – Makhachkala) and railway Krasnodar – Kavkazskaya.
The main heritage of the district is land resources. The structure of the land fund of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District is formed from settlement lands (of 14,341 hectares); lands for industry, transport, communications and other purposes (of 1,026 hectares); forest lands (of 189 hectares); water resources (of 4,339 hectares); agricultural lands (of 78,491 hectares); and reserve lands (of 779 hectares).
The total length of the public road network of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District is 378.440 km. Of which:
- asphalted roads are 149.752 km length;
- gravel roads are 181.018 km length; and
- unsurfaced roads are 46.811 km length.
There is a railway station Grechishkino on the territory of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District, which receives and sends trains in two directions: Krasnodar and Kavkazskaya. The existing infrastructure and power of the station Grechishkino allow twofold increasing the existing turnover. The railway infrastructure will provide increasing freightage amounts, as well as free passage of goods through the territory of the district.
4 banking institutions operate on the territory of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District:
- the subsidiary office of the Tbilisskiy Commercial Bank Kuban Kredit;
- the Ust-Labinsk Branch of Sberbank 1815/047;
- the subsidiary office of the Kalmyk Regional Branch Rosselkhozbank, OJSC; and
- the subsidiary office of Krayinvestbank.
There are 4 insurance companies here:
- the Kropotkin Subbranch of the Krasnodar Branch of the Sibir Health Maintenance Organization, OJSC;
- the Tbilisskiy Client Office of the Krasnodar Branch of the Open Joint-Stock Insurance Company Rossiya;
- the Insurance Branch of the Rossgosstrakh-Yug in the Cossack village of Tbilisskaya;
- the Insurance Agency of the Tbilisskaya Energy Insurance Company of the Krasnodar Branch of Energy Insurance Company, OJSC.
The sectoral structure of the economy of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District in the assessment of 2008 year is as follows:
The diagram shows that agriculture (that is 73.6% in the basic sectors of the district economy) and the industrial complex including food industry (that is 44% in the basic sectors of the district economy) establish a basis of the economic potential of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District.
The main factor in the dynamic development of the district economy is an active work to improve the process of investment attraction and creation of the favorable investment climate.
A legal framework was formed. The investment strategy of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District was developed until 2010, and a program of investment development of the Municipal Formation Tbilisskaya District for 2008-2010 was adopted.